Top 10 Foods Needed for a 'JiuJiteiro' to Stay Fit
Fight Network Staff / July 7, 2012 - 3:42pm
Words by Kyle Byron (JitsMagazine.com):
The “Jiujiteiro” (Portuguese for someone that trains jiu-jitsu), especially competitive ones, must keep a close eye on their diet to enable optimum performance. The contents of the list below may seem obvious, but you would be surprised to see how many people neglect them and don’t eat them in proper abundance for the day. Read it over and keep reminding yourself what needs to be done. You owe it to yourself and your training.
10. Bananas – Easily portable fruit that is rich in fibre, potassium and vitamin C
9. Canned Tuna – High protein on the run, this way you will always get your fill
8. Kale – Easy to make, the champion of micronutrients, super low carbs and it keeps your hunger satisfied
7. Multivitamins – It’s like insurance for your nutrition - once a day and after training
6. Almonds – Portable, healthy, delicious, a source of Vitamin E which isn't easy to get
5. Omega 3 – Fish oil supplement that lowers inflammation and helps your cells function
4. Creatine – Improves endurance in short burst situations
3. Chicken – Mmmmm, low fat protein that tastes like nothing
2. Protein Powder – Great to have throughout your training and right after. Or, if you are in a rush and don’t have time to make anything else!
1. Water – Yeah, you sort of just need this to live and to have optimal energy on the mats! Drink as much as possible, always!