LAW Dec. 18 Update - Shelton Benjamin Gives Notice to ROH
Blaine van der Griend / December 18, 2012 - 5:27pm
- According to F4Wonline.com, Shelton Benjamin has given his notice to Ring of Honor, because WWE is interested in him. While this doesn’t necessarily mean that he’ll be leaving ROH for good, he was released from his contract and is now free to negotiate with WWE.
- The latest edition of Review-A-Raw with John Pollock and Wai Ting is up on the site at http://fightnetwork.com/news/35403:dec.-18-edition-of-review-a-raw-slammys-ric-flair-returns/.
- Super Smackdown Live airs commercial-free tonight at 8 p.m. Est on the USA Network. Thus far, they have announced Dolph Ziggler teaming with The Big Show against John Cena and Sheamus, as well as MizTV with guests Ziggler and AJ Lee.
- There are a lot of birthday celebrations today, as Stone Cold Steve Austin turns 48, while Trish Stratus turns 37 and Rob Van Dam turns 42.
- Sin Cara is currently struggling with knee issues, and there is an ongoing concern that he will be expected to take time off soon.
- Despite Ric Flair showing up on last night’s Raw, the TNA versus WWE lawsuit has not been settled by any means. At last word, the lawsuit still exists, but TNA hasn’t done anything with it in a long time.
- Here is the full list of Slammy Award winners on last night’s Raw
- Comeback of the Year – Jerry Lawler
- Best Kiss of 2012 – AJ Lee and John Cena
- Superstar of the Year – John Cena
- Trending Now Hashtag of the Year – “#feedmemore”
- Newcomer of the Year – Ryback
- Match of the Year – Triple H vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania
- Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix winner Daniel Cormier, who is set to take on Dion Staring on January 12, says he is looking forward to a potential UFC debut in 2013. Cormier plans on staying at Heavyweight and wants his UFC debut to be against Frank Mir. Cormier and Mir were scheduled to fight earlier this year, but those plans were changed, due to Mir’s injury.
- The UFC 158 bout between Patrick Cote and Alessio Sakara has officially been scrapped. Following doctor’s orders, Sakara pulled from the fight, as his kidneys are in very bad shape, preventing him from even training for the next three months. So even if he is cleared to fight on March 16, he would have had no time to prepare.
- Bellator 84 is in the history books with a new Heavyweight Champion being crowned in Alexander Volkov. Felice Herrig also made her promotional debut on the show.
- King of the Cage Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight Champion Tony Lopez is taking a non-title fight at 205 this Thursday, against former UFC star Trevor Prangley.
- In a very weird story, Ultimate Fighter season 9 star Ray Elbe has suffered a horrible injury. However, this injury didn’t happen in a cage or a training facility; it happened in the bedroom. While having sexual intercourse, Elbe’s girlfriend Malaysia apparently landed on him too hard and actually broke his penis. Elbe spent 13 days in the hospital and has been using a catheter to urinate. He will be going back to the hospital on the 19th to have the catheter removed.
REVIEW-A-RAW - December 18th 2012
(John Pollock and Wai Ting review the Slammy Awards, Ric Flair returns and more)
THE LAW – December 16th 2012
(Dan Lovranski and Jason Agnew recap WWE TLC, ROH Final Battle plus Dave Meltzer and your calls)
THE MMA REPORT – TUF 16 Finale Post Show
(John Pollock and Jason Agnew recap TUF 16, UFC on FX 6 and chat with Todd Martin)
REVIEW-AN-IMPACT – December 14th 2012
(John Pollock and Nate Milton recap Impact from Thursday night and take your feedback)
REVIEW-A-WAI – WWE ’13 video game
(John Pollock and Wai Ting review WWE ’13 and chat with THQ Senior Designer Bryan Williams)